Difference between revisions of "Talk:Climatic patterns"
(Define strategy for page, add To Do List)
Revision as of 15:09, 26 October 2017
This is the first page of this type - a table of patterns that needs explanation, expansion, and links to more detail. There are at least 4-5 of these tables that should follow the same template, so we are blazing a train for others to follow here.
The template should probably be something like:
- A paragraph or so of summary description, e.g. of what Climatic patterns are (but not a long explanation of how to use them - link to that)
- A table of patterns (prefer a text-based table, not the graphic, although a small version of the original Wardley graphic might be interesting in addition)
- Table of Contents (automatically generated)
- List of elements from the table as section headers
- Within each element section, a paragraph-ish long explanation of the element, possibly with links to more detail on the element.
- Per element categories might be appropriate, but just speculating right now
- Final References section at the end with external links, probably including links back to original Wardley blog posts / book chapters.
There should be a small number of top-line categories that these few tables should represent, e.g. Climatic Patterns, Doctrine, Game Play, etc. We may want sub-categories under those top-line ones for secondary / more detailed pages. Include relevant category tags for the page
- Recreate the table in text
- Shrink and reposition the graphic (or remove)
- Create sections for each element - use the proper formatting to generate a TOC
- Write a top-level summary (ensure it is formatted to appear above the TOC)
- Find and add relevant details to each section
- Add references to original Wardley (or external) source material
- Add category tags